Current Asbury University students, faculty, and staff may reserve group study rooms and larger meeting rooms (Board Room and Conference Room) by following these instructions, which includes policies and procedures for using the rooms. The large and medium rooms must be reserved (for up to two hours) by contacting the library, either in person at the Circulation Desk, over the phone at x2265, or online.
There are sixteen study rooms located in the library for use by current Asbury University students, faculty, and staff, all of which are located on the upper level of the library:
- Three large rooms with a single table and eight chairs.
- Three large rooms with four modular tables and six chairs.
- Four medium rooms with a single table and four chairs.
- Six small rooms with counters and one or two chairs. The small rooms are always available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We also have 32 individual study carrels always open. Come by the Circulation Desk for additional suggestions.
Study Room Policy
- Single users in a group study room will be asked to vacate the room for groups of 2 or more studying together.
- Personal materials and library books may not be left unattended in the group study rooms while in class, for extended periods of time, or overnight.
- The library staff is not responsible for personal items left unattended in group study rooms.
- Library books that are not checked out will be returned to the shelves.
- Patrons are asked not to move the tables or sit or lie on the table or countertops.
- Patrons are asked not to bring in lamps or other furniture items into the rooms.
- Room bookings are mediated by library staff. Please stop at the Circulation Desk to confirm that you have arrived. Then we will give you a key. Rooms are locked to prevent unauthorized use.
When making a reservation:
- You may book a maximum of two time slots per request and a maximum of four hours per day. If no one else needs that room, the reservation might be renewed.
- There needs to be at least two members present for the group to check out the key.
- If members arrive more than 10 minutes late, the reservation is forfeit for that time slot.
- Group members must be Asbury University current faculty, staff or students and have a valid campus ID in order to check out a key.
- The room key must be promptly returned once the booking time is ended.
To make a reservation:
- Please make your booking any time prior to needing the room (up to two weeks in advance). You can also cancel any request prior to the booking.
- Time slots on the booking calendar that are open are green.
- You must be a current Asbury student and use your campus e-mail address when submitting your reservation. (no other emails will be accepted)
- You will receive an e-mail telling you that a decision about your reservation will be made shortly. If you are approved, you will receive another email stating your reservation has been approved. You will be able to cancel your reservation by clicking on a link within the email.
- Please check your email account prior to your scheduled time to ensure your request has been approved.
- Bring confirmation email as proof of reservation. Reservations have priority.
- If you would like more time, please contact the Circulation Desk at x2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org